Tomorrow is Balkan Culture Day at CLI so we are singing songs, teaching them "оро" (oro - folk dance), having a feast and watching a movie. We're watching Balcancan, for a few reasons: 1. We already have it. 2. It is covers pretty much all the Balkans (sorry Romania) so it's perfect for Balkan day, and 3. It's a good movie.
But of course, the best part is the feast. Linda, the Albanian professor, and I decided we would take on the role of making the bureks. And did we ever. We made EIGHT bureks. We made 5 with spinach and feta, then 2 with a yogurt-feta mix, then one Tirana style with onion and tomato. We decided to try one, of course, just to make sure they weren't terrible. IT WAS AMAZING! НАЈДОБРИОТ БУРЕК НА СВЕТОТ!
We have plenty of dolma, roasted peppers, olives, sudjuk, kashkaval and sirenje for a meze platter, then shopska salata and taratur. Oh, and the Albanian course made baklava, and we have smoki, and slatko srce, i napolitanke....
I AJVAR! We have 5 brands for a nice taste-test. I am so excited. I should go to bed so I am fresh and ready to sing my song tomorrow. Yes, we are singing songs for them, too.
But of course, the best part is the feast. Linda, the Albanian professor, and I decided we would take on the role of making the bureks. And did we ever. We made EIGHT bureks. We made 5 with spinach and feta, then 2 with a yogurt-feta mix, then one Tirana style with onion and tomato. We decided to try one, of course, just to make sure they weren't terrible. IT WAS AMAZING! НАЈДОБРИОТ БУРЕК НА СВЕТОТ!
We have plenty of dolma, roasted peppers, olives, sudjuk, kashkaval and sirenje for a meze platter, then shopska salata and taratur. Oh, and the Albanian course made baklava, and we have smoki, and slatko srce, i napolitanke....
I AJVAR! We have 5 brands for a nice taste-test. I am so excited. I should go to bed so I am fresh and ready to sing my song tomorrow. Yes, we are singing songs for them, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment